Saturday, December 20, 2008

~new post~

20th December 2008 (Hari Perjumpaan Keluarga Haji abdul Jamak bin Majok)

finally, it is a day when 700 descendants of Jamak await for have arrived.
in this post, i will tell about the events and the next post i will fill it with pics.
My father is one of the hi-comittee, so we went there at 630am and arrived an hour later. then, as usual; help others with the preparations. My job of that day is collect money from the late-registration. My job is fun as i have chances to know many people (keluarga2 jauh).The best is the comel one,haha and uncle al-Adib, suppose to be my dad dua pupu with his joke.

the events start at 10 and there are many activities: (+ info: it hosted by the famous host, Mahadzir Lokman; related to the family too)

- ucapan, ucapan n ucapan
- bacaan doa
- poem
- intro of Jamak family
- lucky draws
- the best;; PHOTO SESSION (estimated 700 people in one truly remembered pic, i'll try to get this pic from the cameraman)
- eat, eat, eat (rm30 worth)
- poco-poco; karaoke; colouring contest; face painting; trivia; magic show
- Jamak Amazing Race (my bro, Lan and I won it!!)
- end with Geylang si paku Geylang song

I found that the prominent name in FELDA, Tan Sri Dato' Taib Bin Haji Andak is my grandgrandfather's niece.

Tan Sri Dato Jaafar bin Hussein, bank governor 1985-1994; (yes, his name is on our note, sape ade duit lame bole tengok), also my grandgrandfather's niece.

What i like the most about the event is to gather with non-familiar face, know them is one of ur keturunan.

I'll remembered this event till my last day and many thanks to the people who make the event successful.

"Hidup Bugis!!!!!"

The greatest Bugis warrior, Laksamana Hang Tuah famously said "takkan Melayu hilang di dunia"

p/s: my cousin, Amalina (Amai) had been told by her friends that the event appeared in RTM and TV3 news.

p/s 2: to fellow descendants of Jamak who accindentally found this blog, please contact me through my Friendster, MySpace, or Facebook (e-mail: wan_piece892yahoo.com), ok =)

p/s 3: i'll try to fill this blog with event's pic tomorrow.

6 comments:

♥MALIN♥ said...

ehh..so fast one u upload bout d event 2day. hehe..i juz about 2 go nappy, but then tibe2 feels to type bout this evening gathering, n a sec later, ur blog pop-out when i googled it. hehe.. so u were in which family?? mine are Mahmood, n im in 5th generation. N yess.. congrats 4 making d event so happening. Its so memorable. Cant wait to see d "whole" pic of Jamak's family taken tadi. hehe. I'll write bout d event later in my blog. ok, time to nappy. keep in touch keyh. salam

Imran said...

i,m from Abdul Majid (4th generation)

ok, keep in touch, wsalam
=)

Shazuan Ali said...

hey imran!
im the 4th generation of the Hussien...!
Hee...!
Nice to know u!
keep in touch!

raina said...

salam

hi, i was there too
andak's 5th generation
but very much older than u tho'
like makcik la..

nice knowing u
maybe u're about my children's age
alya balqis razali (6th generation)
mohd syafiq razali (6th geberation)

N. said...

wahwah
rminyer jamak here
;D

nice to meet all of u ! :)

Panjang @ PjG said...

hahaha.
ramaikn la sedara2 ku dsini..
:D

JAMAK BOLEH!!

i,m from Abdul Majid (4th generation)
same as IMRAN!!